Friday, January 22, 2010

Lucky / Unlucky???

Luck??? I always wonder what it exactly means. My wiki hunt led me to a statement which is not at all compelling, “A belief in good or bad fortune in life caused by accident or chance which happens beyond a person's control”. Sounds interesting but don’t you think it is too much for a customary word?? (personal opinion). I agree with the belief part alone coz belief is the property of oneself. Your belief is you, you are your belief. Keep believing! (Courtesy: Ganesh)

Hmmm...It’s so easy to justify things on the basis of luck or bad luck. (Kind of escapism, right?) But people do take it granted. I am quite unsure about the existence of luck. Rather, I don’t want to believe that. My rational mind forces me to consider that luck is just a state of mind coz I am known for my bad luck. Many of us worry a lot for the unstable and unexpected causes in our life. Is it really an outcome of luck?

I tweeted my query regarding this and did receive many interesting replies. All replies were confirming to me that luck does exist. I never thought it in that way. One of my tweeps pointed out that many people are not worthy enough for what they get. That’s true…so I have been forced to believe that luck exists. Otherwise what we call this phenomenon??

Luck happens when opportunity meets preparation. How can we prepare for luck? Difficult question……. I don’t think any preparation is really going into luck. Probably I can say, it just exists now and then to remind us its existence!!!

1 comment:

  1. "Luck happens when opportunity meets preparation."

    ur own words & ur own finding? great!!! ok, let us assume that the "preparation" part has been taken care of. most of us are

    prepared, in one way or the other. but how does opportunity come to visit us? it comes, dressed as 'people'! THE RIGHT PEOPLE,

    ofcourse! yes, it is when u associate with those, who can measure ur true potential and can guide u to where u can make meaningful

    use of it, that u are nearer to ur luck. so better seek 'people' and thereby 'associations' that can trasform u into someone who

    'lives one's dreams', than seeking one's luck, which some times is hard to find. i say this because i can see what u are capable

    of, with the 'energy level' that u have and the kind of off hand 'preparedness' for any given task, plus the simply oozing

    confidence! and believe me: ur courage is not a 'bogus' one!
    so, let the future be urs! that is the minimum i can wish u!

    ReplyDelete