Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I adore Sylvia Plath’s poems!!!


I don’t know when I started loving her poems. If I remember right, it was during my language classes (which was my favorite subject/class) where I was initiated into Sylvia Plath. Her beautiful verse “Tulips” captivated me. The protagonist and her thoughts are still fresh in my memory. It has taught me that nobody can.

I was not a literature student or followed poems before. But now I have developed a liking for her poems. Her words kindle my imagination, cast a spell and lead me into a fantasy world.

Sylvia Plath’s dedication to poetry and the intensity of her words is unparalleled. Her words drew heavily from her personal life making it attractive and analytical. She handled painful and intense subjects such as suicide, self-loathing, shock treatment, and dysfunctional relationships, and made it simpler to her readers to relate. The controlled flow of images in her poems captivates me.

In a strange way she had fallen in love with her depression which led to poetic madness and the outcome was fabulous.

It is amazing how a troubled passionate mind can fabricate such masterpiece!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment